Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Little About Me / My Music / Writing

So I never really got to tell anyone about me, my music career and writing background. As you all should know by now, I'm Neil Andersen, 25 and I attend Mt. San Antonio College as a Music Major. I have been playing and recording music since 1999 (yes since I was 12 I've been writing and recording).

I first started with my solo project Echoes Of Silence (Info Here) in 1999 but recorded my first album in 2003. I have been doing this solo symphonically influenced metal project from then up to this day. I work mostly with FL Studio as well as using Adobe Mixcraft and Audacity to record. I self taught myself how to use all programs so that I may actually be able to do my own home recordings and mixing.

I am also the vocalist of an upcoming local band called Love On The Lips Of A Whore which I started originally in 2006 but finally got serious with it in 2010 when we recorded our debut full length titled Asylum. We recorded again our EP titled Liars & Cheaters last year at No Mercy Recordings which is available through Your Label Records (hard copy) and Record Union (digital) on iTunes (BUY HERE!). We are currently working on our sophomore full length titled Deception that should be due out late this year or early next year. We have toured twice and most recently did our first headlining tour called The Lies & Deception Tour with Aura & Vanity and Vale of Avalon.

As for my writing experience, I got into writing because of my father Paul Andersen who was a freelance writer and has written for such publications as Long Beach Press-Telegram, LA Times, Entertainment Weekly, LA Weekly, Pasadena Weekly, Pasadena Star-News, and many others. He has interviewed such bands as In Flames, Opeth, Black Label Society, Phil Anselmo from Pantera, Ville Valo of HIM, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx and many many more. I saw how he got to meet and talk to so many amazing musicians through out his career and it made me want to try my shot at it.

At the age of 16, I got my first published article for Entertainment Weekly covering The Blackest Of The Black Tour featuring Danzig, Nile, Opeth, Lacuna Coil as well as other metal acts. I was beyond happy seeing myself published. I later went to write for a short period with AP Magazine, Highwire Daze and Skinnie Magazine and now I am currently a writer for Lovely Robot Media (View Here).

I now am focusing on my blog here that I am writing to you all on as well as trying to further my music. I hope you all now feel closer to me and continue to read! I included a track from both my bands below in case anyone is curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment